May 3, 2011

Random Sketches_It's been a long time...

After a lengthy period of frustrating computer issues I had a hard time getting back into the swing of things and getting the creative juices flowing.  I decided to take a day to just draw.  I poked around online to find some inspiration and spent a Friday drawing whatever struck me.  I've dressed up a few of the pieces, and that's what you see here.  The two Joker sketches were inspired by Victor Ens' incredible animation linetests, the man and woman in swimwear were inspired by life drawings of Richard Phelan, and the rest are referenced from the beautiful photography of Vivian Maier.  I'll definitely be using her work as inspiration for sketches again.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Frankie! I had a blast drawing these. I'd like to take a day here and there to just draw for the sake of it like I did with these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sketches are adventurous and intriguing. Beautiful artwork.

    ReplyDelete