Jul 18, 2011

Peas in a Pod_Background design

Here is a rough background design for Peas.  Don't mind the drawing itself, as it was a very quick, rough sketch on a scrap piece of paper (the perspective is off, and don't ask me what Edgar is doing...)  The main point of this image was to experiment with textured wallpapers for the film.  I'm leaning towards Edgar's home sporting old time-y wallpapers, so I picked out some scrap-booking paper with that in mind, and added them to my drawing.  I like the effect.  For a rather quick, first time experiment I think it works fairly well.  
I've also added a fairly subtle grain to the image.  I think I'll be using that effect for the film, but time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Cool, I think that looks awesome! I now have a new wallpaper for my laptop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That's great, I'm glad you like it, Dave. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete