Sep 29, 2011

More Edgar and a ponderous man

Here is a random bit of character sketches.  I still need to be able to whip off solid Edgar drawings a little quicker and easier, so over time I'll be running off a bunch of random Edgar drawings like this every now and then.
Often when I feel like drawing something different, but nothing in particular comes to mind, I'll find a photo or pop in a movie to pause and do a quick sketch.  That's what I've done here.  I'm typically not aiming for an exact representation of what I see, but it gets me started.  This is a quick sketch I drew while watching the movie The Apartment.  Seems like a great movie, by the way, but I haven't made my way through it yet. ;)

4 comments:

  1. i lOVE THE HAND SHAPES YOU GET INTO YOUR CHARACTERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristian! I've always loved drawing hands. They offer so much opportunity for expression, and each artist uses their own unique lines to depict them. They can be so striking.
    Great to have you stop by, Kristian, and thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great character! I love the character page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Craig! He's coming along and has been a lot of fun to develop. :) I appreciate the comment, man. Check in again sometime!

    ReplyDelete