Jan 30, 2012

Still here!




Okay, it's been well over a month since my last post.  There are a number of reasons for that, non of them interesting, although I'll admit that I had a period in there where I wasn't crazy about the stuff I was producing.  Nothing much to be done about times like those beyond bearing down and drawing (or whatever it might be) through it.  Oh, and I spent a full week preparing for and moving an awesome new animation desk into my office.  Yay!

So.

The kitchen scene at the top was a study/experiment of a few things I wanted to try, and frankly, I'm not crazy about the results.  It looks too TV cartoon-ish, if that makes any sense, and it's just not what I'm going for.  This image has many issues and loose ends because I stopped working on it, knowing that I wasn't achieving what I wanted.  

The other images are random bits that I've had on my computer for a while, but hadn't gotten around to putting together and posting until today.  Some are sketches I did while watching a movie, a handful are studies for my mailman design, a few are quick story sketches for Peas, and many are completely random doodles.

I do hope and plan to post on a more frequent basis going forward.  I hesitate to commit to an actual estimate, but we'll say more than once a month (or nearly two, as is the case here), at least. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment